RSS
Hello! Welcome to my movie blog

A Hard Day's Night


See how they fly, I'm cryin'! 
    It was 55 years ago today that The Beatles came to America to play. To celebrate, I will review the band's first movie ever, also turning 55, A Hard Day's Night. Starring, of course, John, Paul, George and Ringo. Also starring Wilfrid Brambell as Paul's Grandfather, and Norman Rossington as the boys' fictional manager, Norm. Features 12 Beatles songs including "A Hard Day's Night", "And I Love Her" and "Tell Me Why".
    The movie follows The Beatles who leave home from Liverpool to London to perform a live concert on national TV. Tagging along the ride is Paul's mischievous grandfather who claims to be "very clean".  But the boys try to escape their boring work and try to have some fun until it's time for the concert.
     I actually grew up with this movie. I am a massive Beatle maniac, and I love their music and their wit. What I love about the movie is that it shows The Beatles' childish side, like John playing in the bathtub and George making funny faces at the camera during a press conference. As a kid, I always got a kick when Paul's Grandfather first spoke "Hello" to John. It was the way the Grandfather spoke that got me. In my opinion, Paul's Grandfather reminds me of the Chief Blue Meanie from another Beatles movie, Yellow Submarine. Let's not forget the songs. A few of the songs are number one hits such as "A Hard Day's Night", "She Loves You", and "Can't Buy Me Love". I think it's safe to say that "And I Love Her" is my favorite song in the movie, because it's one of Paul's greatest love songs.  For parents who watch Beat Bugs with their children, introduce them to this movie with John, Paul, George and Ringo.
 
             PARENT'S GUIDE: Even though this is rated G, there is some language in the movie and some suggestive stuff that your kids won't understand. In one scene, Paul mentions something about an orgy. Not much violence to worry about. So, in my opinion, I think this should be rated PG.

            DID YOU KNOW?: The characters of Norm and Shake are loosely based on The Beatles' friends Neil Aspinall and Mal Evans. Originally, the studio considered to dub The Beatles' voices with American actors. Paul angrily replied: "Listen, if we can understand cowboy talk, our fans can understand Liverpool talk!" Wilfird Brambell, who played Paul's Grandfather, was 30 years older than Paul.

I've Just Seen a Face!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Aidan At The Movies. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy